About Me

Somewhere, Florida
Mother. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Teacher. Professor. The list goes on and on. As usual, I have my hand in way too many fires (I mean that almost literally). I work three jobs (four, if my most important job of "Mommy" counts), have three kids (four if my husband counts) go to grad school, and am trying to make a go of this whole writing thing. So, read it and share it. I will write a blog when I can; just add it to the list. I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Friday, March 28, 2014

THIS IS HOPE

            People suck.
 
            James Foster tells Emma Ryan this the night the world ends, but it takes a sadistic psycho with a hunting rifle to beat the lesson into her. After a traumatic adolescence, Emma’s built herself a perfect little bubble: great job, beautiful house, adoring family…and a little bit of James on the side.
 
            But Emma never could have predicted this. The power’s gone, planes fall from the sky, crazies emerge from the hills of Montana, and Emma’s stuck eighteen hundred miles from home with a man who isn’t her husband.
 
            With the last remnants of society crumbling around them, James makes Emma a promise: he’ll get her to Atlanta or die trying. They set out to traverse the country on foot with only his dog for company.  Emma and James try to avoid people. But, people find them. They come across the best—and worst—of humanity. When they have their backs to a wall, seconds from an extremely nasty death, they are saved by the kindness of strangers. In the hell the world has become, even kindness isn’t free. The cost for Emma and James may destroy what little normalcy they’ve managed to cling to.
 
Everything has to end, and when Emma and James’s journey finally does, it is nothing like either expects.
           

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to buy and read your book - so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see this on the shelves; it sounds fantastic! All the best.

    ReplyDelete