About Me

Somewhere, Florida
Mother. Wife. Daughter. Sister. Teacher. Professor. The list goes on and on. As usual, I have my hand in way too many fires (I mean that almost literally). I work three jobs (four, if my most important job of "Mommy" counts), have three kids (four if my husband counts) go to grad school, and am trying to make a go of this whole writing thing. So, read it and share it. I will write a blog when I can; just add it to the list. I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Monday, March 24, 2014

It's amazing what an offer does

In terms of agents, that is.

I got an offer--the offer, actually--last Friday, and it has been insane. My phone is constantly ringing with "blocked" numbers, my emails are piling up, and I've been sending out chapters and author bios left and right. Honestly, an agent I hadn't queried contacted me.

And the offer itself? The only word to describe it is magical. There was one agent who all along has been a huge champion of my story, and the fact that the offer came from her is quite astounding. The fact that people are reading what I'm writing? It's like a dream. I never thought that I would be choosing between agents.

I am starting to have faith that this could actually happen. That one day, I could hold a copy of a book that I've written in my hands and see it on shelves. I had to buy a book for a friend's baby shower on Saturday, and I stood there in the fiction section for a moment, looking at all the books. As I have since I was young, I thought "Someday...."

But now? Someday seems like it may be a reality.

I will be making my decision in the next day or so. Exciting times! I'll announce it here, and on Twitter, and FB and I may even scream it in the streets.
Dori

No comments:

Post a Comment